Self Adjusting Brake System for Trailers & Caravans
Optimum automatic adjustment – every time!
Knott has developed and Type Approved a Trailer Brake that automatically adjusts, ensuring that the Brakes are always at their optimal setting.
When fitted to a overrun braked trailer, the benefits include:-
- The Knott-patented automatic adjusting control system offer consistent and smooth braking action every time
- All shoes wear equally and consistently: braking is smooth, therefore there is less wear and tear on the towing vehicle and trailer leading to stress on the coupling overrun damper.
- Likewise, with reversing, poorly adjusted brakes can become a problem, trailers can be shunted and linkages and overrun couplings damaged. With braking performance assured, reversing will become trouble free as the automatic adjustment system simply disengages
- No need to manually adjust the shoe lining; adjustment happens automatically and instantaneously compensates for for brake shoe lining wear.
- Trailer inspection and servicing consequently much quicker, checking for lining wear (are replacements required?) but no need to adjust.
- For hire vehicles, this should increase the service interval and braking performance is not compromised during a reasonable hire period.
- Should the vehicle and trailer combination ever be the subject of an off road check, the brakes will be properly adjusted and the handbrake working etc.
- Available as a retrofit kit on Knott 200 x 50 and 250 x 40 (from 2013) brakes and are easily installed.
- Tested and approved to 71/320/EEC and UNECE R13 on the current Approval
Buy online today: