Towbar Fitting Service
Choosing the right towbar
Towball mounted Cycle Carriers can also be used with Fixed Flange Towbars.
The Swan Neck Towbar is popular with vehicle manufacturers as their original equipment towbar and is also popular in the rest of Europe. Becoming more popular in the UK for towing caravans as it is compatible with ALKO stabiliers. There is no flexibility to add accessories but some prefer the appearance to the Flange ‘two bolt fixing’ type towball.
Towball mounted Cycle Carriers can also be used with Fixed Swan Neck Towbars.
Since the towing neck can be removed it is possible to avoid interference with parking sensors. Detachable towbars are also compatible with ALKO stabilisers and towball mounted Cycle Carriers.
Witter, TowTrust, Brink and Westfalia are the UK’s leading towbar manufacturers. We recommend them for their build quality, strength and unobtrusive designs.
Many vehicle manufacturers also choose these towbar manufacturers as their approved equipment because of their reputation for making excellent products.
Our Towbar Fitting Service
We’ll fit a quality towbar and together with either standard hard wired or ‘dedicated’ electrics (depending on vehicle) to our usual high level with a full guarantee.
- Genuine Lifetime guarantee on the towbar and 12 months guarantee on all the electrics
- The towbar is finished in a high quality black top coat which gives excellent protection against corrosion.
- All holes that need to be drilled or scraped clean of mastic are protected with underseal to ensure no rust can occur where the towbar meets the vehicle chassis.
- The towbar is fitted by our experienced fitters in accordance with the towbar manufacturer’s instructions and in accordance with NTTA guidelines.
- Bypass relays are always fitted to vehicles with sensitive wiring if a ‘dedicated’ electrical kit is not required.
- 12S electrics (Supplementary caravan wiring) includes the latest high amp self-switching relays & power supply to cater for all types and makes of caravan including the most modern caravans with large fridges.
- 13 Pin electrics combines 12N & 12S into one high quality plug & socket connection. We only use the correct 13 core cable which includes 5 x 2.5mm² cables and complies with ISO11446. New caravans supplied from 2009 will be fitted with 13pin electrics.
NTTA Accredited Towbar Fitting Centre
The NTTA Quality Secured scheme is here to give you confidence when using any of the services or buying goods from a Quality Secured member company. The NTTA want you to feel safe in the knowledge that by using the services as a QS member company you are dealing with an accredited company who will always try to give you the best service possible.
We have been fitting towbars since 1977 so we have gained a wealth of experience in that time. We are constantly striving to give the best towbar fitted at a competitive price. Please contact us on 01392 216336 for a quote. Lines are open from 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 12.30pm on Saturdays or complete the quote request by email below
We don’t offer a mobile service as we believe it is not possible to fit towbars, or more importantly, the complicated electrics to vehicles at the roadside or on a driveway. Work on todays vehicles should be carried out in a suitably equipped workshop. There is the added advantage of knowing where we are should you need us!