Towbar Fitting Service
Choosing the right towbar
We are NTTA accredited towbar fitting centres as approved by many organisations such as The Caravan & Motorhome Club and The Camping & Caravanning Club. Please contact us for expert advice and a competitive quote.
The style of towbar is also a matter of preference. The most popular is the ‘two bolt fixing’ towball, developed in the UK, which still offers the facility to add accessories such as a bumper protectors, stabilisers and cycle carriers.
Further thought may be given to how this affects the appearance of the rear of the vehicle by a towbar that is permanently fixed in position. A detachable towbar is the option, which overcomes this. There are two main types of detachable. There are models that when the towball is removed, no sign of a towbar is left. Even the electrical socket flips under the bumper.
Others leave the electrical sockets visible under the bumper or rear valance because the space behind the bumper is restricted. However, they still look very unobtrusive and not having a towbar protruding past the bumper can be considered to be aesthetically important when not towing. The swan neck towbar is popular with vehicle manufacturers as their original equipment towbar and is also popular in the rest of Europe. Still not so popular in the UK as there is no flexibility to add accessories but some prefer the appearance to the ‘two bolt fixing’ type towball.
Witter, TowTrust, Brink and Westfalia are the UK’s leading towbar manufacturers. We recommend them for their build quality, strength and unobtrusive designs.
Many vehicle manufacturers also choose these towbar manufacturers as their approved equipment because of their reputation for making excellent products.
Our Towbar Fitting Service
We’ll fit a quality towbar and together with either standard hard wired or ‘dedicated’ electrics (depending on vehicle) to our usual high level with a full guarantee.
- Genuine Lifetime guarantee on the towbar and 12 months guarantee on all the electrics
- The towbar is finished in a high quality black top coat which gives excellent protection against corrosion.
- All holes that need to be drilled or scraped clean of mastic are protected with underseal to ensure no rust can occur where the towbar meets the vehicle chassis.
- The towbar is fitted by our experienced fitters in accordance with the towbar manufacturer’s instructions and in accordance with NTTA guidelines.
- Bypass relays are always fitted to vehicles with sensitive wiring if a ‘dedicated’ electrical kit is not required.
- 12S electrics (Supplementary caravan wiring) includes the latest high amp self-switching relays & power supply to cater for all types and makes of caravan including the most modern caravans with large fridges.
- 13 Pin electrics combines 12N & 12S into one high quality plug & socket connection. We only use the correct 13 core cable which includes 5 x 2.5mm² cables and complies with ISO11446. New caravans supplied from 2009 will be fitted with 13pin electrics.
NTTA Accredited Towbar Fitting Centre
For your peace of mind we are NTTA accredited towbar centres. Please click here to find about the benefits of choosing us to fit your towbar.
The NTTA Quality Secured scheme is here to give you confidence when using any of the services or buying goods from a Quality Secured member company. The NTTA want you to feel safe in the knowledge that by using the services as a QS member company you are dealing with an accredited company who will always try to give you the best service possible.
We have been fitting towbars since 1977 so we have gained a wealth of experience in that time. We are constantly striving to give the best towbar fitted at a competitive price. Please contact us on 01392 216336 for a quote. Lines are open from 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 12.30pm on Saturdays
We don’t offer a mobile service as we believe it is not possible to fit towbars, or more importantly, the complicated electrics to vehicles at the roadside or on a driveway. Work on todays vehicles should be carried out in a suitably equipped workshop. There is the added advantage of knowing where we are should you need us!
You are welcome to book our courtesy car while we fit your towbar, there is no extra charge. (terms & conditions apply)